Tuesday, June 30, 2009

ends to justify the means

On Father's day my Dad told me it feels to him that my brother is drowning. As if a weight is hooked to his ankle and slowly, but consistantly, dragging him into dark phathoms of water. My Dad said he reaches over the egde as far as he can to grab my brother's hand, which is all that is left above the surface, yet he cant pull him up. Only feel his hand and forearm slip through his fingers. Despite his attempt, his strengh doesn't suffice, and the more he reaches, the more he can just feel him slipping. As if it were easier to merely watch insead of feel.

I wish I could absorb their pain so neither would have to endure.

No comments:

This is my life

My photo
Tracy, CA, United States
My thoughts are poured onto these pages

Tweets


Followers